Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ring On My Friend.. Ring on...

We all have mobiles and if you don't you have probably contemplated getting one. I got my first mobile phone when I was, well it was long enough ago that I can't remember, and I loved my phone. This was not my first encounter with the likes of technology. For some unknown reason I acquired a pager when I was just out of highschool or just about to graduate. I thought I was cool, others thought I was a drug deal... Maybe I was both, I guess you'll never know. The one thing that sucked about having a pager is not having the quarter or phone nearby to call and check the message or call the person back. So, like the Jefferson's, I was movin' on up.
It was probably in 99 that I got my first mobile phone and like the pager I thought I was totally cool and others again, thought I had other motives. I was fascinated with the freedom it gave me and that anyone could get a hold of me whenever and wherever, especially in an emergency. It's awesome, I can call the transit number and see how long I have to wait for the bus while freezing my can off in the winter time. It's wonderful. Being able to call and see when the bus is coming is my favorite part of having this phone. Most people acquire mobile phones with business or if for personal use it is only for emergencies. How long did it take you before you broke that rule? I'll be honest, it was all about the cool factor. It's like "Oh don't write your number on paper, I'll just put it in my phone".
Now phones have these great camera's, MP3 players, and what's even better is you can download any ring tone you want. I have downloaded a few... Let's see, Bohemian Rhapsody, Madonna, and I love my current ring tones... Yes I have two... I have programmed them to ring when specific people call. I currently have: Sexyback and Love Generation. I love these songs and I even dance to them when someone calls... But I'm weird like that. Ring tones are hilarious because we all want these great songs on our phone when people call us but the funny part about this is the reaction. Not from those around us but the owners of the mobile. For example, I was on my way to school this morning, riding the big blue limo (public transit) and this guy's mobile phone starts to ring, I was trying to make out the song but it was some rap crap music. The funniest part about it was his reaction to his phone ringing. I don't think I have ever seen someone try to answer their phone so fast and quiet the 'music'. I have seen others do this and I have done it too. Why? I really am not sure. But my advice is this... If you like the music let it ring on my friend... ring on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what i didn't read your whole blog because i'm supposed to be doing homework in the library right now and i really don't know what i'm leaving a comment for. i guess just to say hi. HI.

(the anonymous Sonya)

Anonymous said...

We have auditors checking some things in our office right now. Two middle-aged women. One has a cell phone that rings at least 5 times a day with "My Humps" by Blackeyed Peas.

Trust me, it's funny...

Glooskap said...

WOW I'm sitting right beside you!!!
I haven't read anything yet, but I am sure they are spectacular.