Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year Resolutions...

Is it New Years Resolutions or new year's resolution or new year resolutions... the latter makes more sense to me but I could be wrong and I probably am.
2007 has come and gone and I ran in 2008 with a nice burn on my hand. I hope this is not an omen of things to come.
I thought about making resolutions for the new year but they generally are broken two days into the year. Although, I think the wording of the resolution makes a difference... for example, I will do this more and I won't do that... chances are you won't do that and you will end up doing the other. Why set yourself up for failure like that? Life is unpredictable. I would love to make a resolution that said I will not swear but c'mon... have you ever driven a car or played a competitive game (video, sport, etc)?? But in my effort to not make new year resolutions... I have already made one.
All one can really hope for in the coming year or years is that they are a better person than the previous year. I think that is a respectable goal... or resolution... or whatever.

No comments: